Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Road Trips


These past two weekends have been exactly what I would like to see during summertime! Two weeks ago I traveled to Houston, Tx to see a close family friend get married, and then last weekend I went to Six Flags over Texas with my best friends since elementary and middle school. It was everything I desired to rejuvenate and remember there is more to life than work and academics :)

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. On a summer evening I experienced a gorgeous women walk down the aisle to marry the love of her life, and I was close to tears. Pure joy is how I would describe my emotions that night. There were the typical things you would expect in a wedding: a white dress, gray suits, cake, pictures, scrumptious food, and love in every direction you looked. Yet, what was different about attending this wedding verses others was the inspiration that consumed me as I watched a woman I consider family say “I do” to a man she most evidently loved. I don’t know the extent of their relationship, but I feel confident in saying they did not settle to be with one another. I feel confident in saying when you’re looking in a relationship that’s heading towards married, the way this couple loves ones another can serve as an example.

As I watched the wedding ceremony I couldn’t help but to reflect on my own relationships that I have been apart of. I wondered to myself have I had anything close to level of love and commitment these newlyweds now have for one another. I wondered if I’ve made good decisions towards men and relationships…

The next weekend, this past Saturday, I traveled to Arlington to have a ton of fun at six flags with my best friends I grew up with. There is nothing like being around my girls :) They create a place for me that I feel most comfortable, as long as they are around then I feel life wouldn’t be too bad. I’ve learned that as hard as I may work to achieve the things I feel passionate about in life, even my deepest passions can turn empty if I don’t have love and support around me. These people who allow me to talk and vent and laugh and cry about anything and everything make reality absolutely bearable for me. Is life hard? Heck yeah life is hard! But traveling to see family and friends and having the opportunity to feel love in the air makes me continue to appreciate anything that comes my way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment